2017 Dues Payment Options
Alliance of the TDA
Component Society Contacts 2015 2016
Consumer Link to ADA Website
Low Cost Dental Care - Safety Net Dental Clinic Directory
TDA Admin Login
TDA Relief Fund
Website Accessibility Statement
Find a Dentist
Join the TDA
Technological Innovations in the Restorative Department at the University of Tennessee College of Dentistry - Exam 71
by Harrison, Simon, Dehghan
The UT College of Dentistry has been one of the leaders in the introduction of
the CAD/CAM delivery of dentistry to the dental students. The integration of
technology into a dental school curriculum requires a change in thinking and a
modification of the curriculum in order to introduce it to the present day students.
This article updates the integration of the CEREC system into the UT Dental
School curriculum, discussing the changes in equipment and teaching techniques
since the last article in 2012.
1) Digital technologies now have applications in all dental treatment areas except:
None of the above
2) The most common digital imaging used in treating dental patients involves:
Cone beam technology
None of the above
3) The advantage of use of CAD/CAM technology is that it can make the digital image and send it to the laboratory.
However, it cannot make the restoration in the dental office while the patient waits and deliver it in a single appoint.
The first statement is true but the second statement is false
The first statement is false but the second statement is true
Both statements are true
Both statements are false
4) Globally, there are over 50,000 CAD/CAM units in use, with approximately ____ of the U.S. dentists owning a CAD/CAM unit.
5) Use of the CAD/CAM technology is a legal function of the dental assistant in some states in the United States:
Advertise in a TDA Publication
151st TDA Annual Session
May 4-6, 2018
Tennessee Dental Association | 660 Bakers Bridge Ave. |
Suite 300 | Franklin, TN 37067 | Tel: (615) 628-0208
© 2017 Tennessee Dental Association. All Rights Reserved.
Copyright ©2017 Tennessee Dental Association. All rights reserved.